Monday 27 August 2012

New blog in town: Out of the comfort zone and exploring my short life

I woke up one day and thought, why not start a blog?
Yet another blog, you think. Well, I don’t care. The reason I want to write is the following:

I have to start enjoying life. It’s too short. This year, four people in my direct environment died, three in one month. My grandpa, two friends and the sister of a really good friend left a lot of people behind. I didn’t know some of these people very well, but they all left a great impression on me. I could have learned so much from them. How they lived their lives, how they were looking at life, what they still wanted to do, …
This all really gave me a scare and it took me a while to get my head around things and overcome the loss of my grandfather. After a pause of a couple of years I started writing in my diary again. All my darkest thoughts bundled together. Of course these are private conversations with myself, but sometimes there are things I want to shout out to the world. Sometimes these are big things. But most of the time I walk around and see little things that make me soooo happy, but I don’t want to bother other people with my story. Like when I ate the last piece of cake or see a kitty safely crossing the street.  That’s why I came up with the idea to start a blog. To remind myself that everyday people, animals or other things can make my shitty day a whole lot better.
I want to try new things, step out of my comfort and moody zone and tell the world my ‘adventures’ and my opinions online. I want to share the food I eat, the trips I make, the pain I hate, the dress I would really really want to wear but make my knees look fat. I want to tell you the things I live up to, my disappointments, things I look forward to, ...

I am a very negative person (ask my boyfriend) and I am really moody in the morning, so sometimes there will be posts where the sunshine is far gone. So my challenge is to find the silver lining in my day with this blog. Hope you join me too..

2 comments:

  1. Superleuke blog Lorence! Ik zag hem nu pas op je Facebook! Ga hem zeker volgen. Hou je goed!

    xxx Yasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haj Yasmine!
      Bedankt voor je reactie! Fijn dat je hem leuk vind!
      x

      Delete