Thursday 4 December 2014

L. Space

I'm counting down to the Christmas holidays, because I have refurnishing plans.
Because of our move to a smaller apartment in my parent's backyard last year, I didn't have enough space to sew. My mom offered me to use my old room for a while.
Question: Should I 'borrow' this from her? It's my old room, so it means it's mine, right? She claimed it as a 'Everything I don't need, I'll put in here-room'. 
Anyway, she 'lend' me my old room and gave me a liiittle desk in the corner and lucky for me, next to the window. It's not a pleasant experience sewing there, because I don't have enough space to even move, so I'm obliged to make the most out of my evening sewing classes on Wednesdays.
I got so sick of feeling frustrated every time I entered that room with the urge to sew, that I burst out and demanded my room back. I ended up fighting with my mom, but we came to a mutual agreement to start 'renovating' the room.
We'll throw out all the junk we don't need (or give it to charity), place some extra cabinets and a pattern table and of course a desk for my mom, because that was the agreement.
I'm so excited and I can't wait until we are finished. We are starting this weekend, so I can start sewing during the holidays. It's only a temporary sewing room until we find a house ourselves, so it's not going to be big, but I already gathered a few ideas on Pinterest:

A movable pattern cutting table on wheels, so it can easily be put aside. I can build that with little cabinets from IKEA. 



A jar storage shelf:

And I'm going to need a moodboard:


No comments:

Post a Comment