Tuesday 28 May 2013

Rock The Boat

I skipped spinning class yesterday, with a good reason!

My boyfriend's best friend is leaving tomorrow for a two month trip at sea and we were invited to check out the boat he's travelling with. He's working for a German company at the Port of Antwerp, so it's not a de-stressing holiday he's facing. He will be working quite hard. 
He's really looking forward to it and he wanted to do this for a very long time, so everyone went to the harbor to support him yesterday.

Boy, was I glad that I came along with everyone, because it was mind blowing! What a huuuuge boat, unbelievable! I felt a bit Titanic-panic, but it disappeared right away! They were loading the boat, so we weren't going to 'sail out' anyway... No fear needed! At least not until we went to check out the loading departments. OMG! They were so deep and I was standing there, on the edge, with my fear of heights, holding on tight to the rails. But it didn't take long until this fear faded away too. 
So there I was... Invincible... On a huuuuge boat. I'm still excited about it!

Don't worry, I did my exercise for the day! We went to climb 'some' stairs to the top, to the steering cabin. We had an amazing view on Antwerp from up there! I was stunned how high this boat was!

After the captain's view, we also visited the engine room and the seaman's cabins. 
We drank a Cola at his pretty roomy cabin (I expected a super small room) and asked millions of questions about Pirates, seasick puke and storms. I have learned so much about his job yesterday and we are all proud he's going to do this.

Good luck D., be safe and see you soon!

xL.

No comments:

Post a Comment