Monday 15 July 2013

Won Ton Soup

Have I told you how I love Asian Cuisine? I probably did, many times!
I make noodle soup on a regular base, but this time, I tried to make Won Tons along with it. It was my second try to be totally honest. You can buy frozen won ton pastry at the Asian store, but I defrosted it the wrong way last time.

The soup:
Make a broth with some cubes and your vegetables.
I use carrots, paksoi, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, beans, baby corn and dried wakame. (Carrots and dried shiitakes first! Paksoi last!).
I always add coriander, sesame oil and soy sauce. Then I add some garlic and mixed spices. You can also add chili oil if you want.
Let it boil for a while.

The won tons:
I mixed some prawns together with some coriander, sesame seeds, a liiitle bit of sesame oil and some spices. You can add a bit of egg white if you want to let it stick together. When you get some kind of paste with still a few pieces of prawn in it, it's ready.
You take one square of pastry and stroke two sides with egg yolk (works as glue). You take a teaspoon of filling and place it in the middle of the square. Now, fold your square to a triangle, pushing the air out. Make sure they are tight.

Add noodles and wontons last to your soup. Let it boil for a few minutes. Don't stir too hard, because you can tear the pastry like that!

READY :-) !

Have a nice meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment