Tuesday 15 October 2013

Brain Training

As everyone of my friends and family knows, I'm a very forgetful person. 
I can't remember appointments, unless I booked them in my online agenda. 
I can't remember which things to bring from the supermarket, unless I composed a shopping list.
I can't remember tasks on my TO DO list in my head, only on a list that I wrote down physically.
Everyday I'm forgetting something out of these three categories. 

Today, it was something on my physical TO DO list: "Get travel passport at city hall".
Our city hall is always closed at 4pm, except on Tuesday they're opened until 7.30pm. 
This TO DO concerning my passport has been on my list for weeks, but I always remember on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. Pretty annoying.
BUT today was a good day, because I remembered on the right day... 

It was 7.20pm. I was already in my 'packing boxes-clothing' and then it hit me. I needed to go to city hall to get my passport!
I jumped out of my slippers, got my shoes on, had to look for my keys (because I forgot where I put them), ran to my car and rushed to city hall. I arrived at the counter at 7.27pm, where they invented a new cue system. I had to indicate on a computer screen for which department I was there and why. Because I was so hasty, I tapped the wrong button and the wrong ticket came out of the printer. Tap Tap Tap! New ticket, GO! Went the wrong way, turn around.
They yelled a number through a speaker, but no answer. Once more and once more. No one there. Of course it was the number of the first ticket I got: for the wedding department. My subconscious speaking?
Second number was the right one: travel passport. It didn't take long before they had found mine. Took a quick look at it: "My God! Did they photoshop my picture to an even uglier one?!"
I was back at my car at 7.30pm.

Need brain training!

No comments:

Post a Comment