Sunday 15 December 2013

Early Christmas Present



I'm going to confess something I shouldn't, because it's not being positive...
Christmas shopping, two weeks before the holidays, is something I truly hate. Too many people in one place, wanting the same thing. It's like sample sales after office hours, but lasting the whole damn day!
What I do like about giving presents is to search for original things or something useful and giving it in a special or original way. Last year we gave our parents a weekend trip. We had five different pictures that were meant to be hints. We wrapped them as presents. I had so much fun doing this and it was so funny seeing the look on their faces, not understanding what their presents meant.
So that's what I like about Christmas shopping, but this year I'm having troubles finding inspiration. I was wandering around 'De Bijenkorf' at Maastricht today and bumped into a beautiful pair of pumps from Marco O'Polo. They fit perfectly and were 30% off. Because of a liiiittle imperfection I got 10% extra. Because I was still doubting if I would buy shoes I didn't really need, my sister said she would contribute for Christmas. Sounded like a good deal to me! I totally love them!

Miraculously, I got some ideas for a few presents too... Inspirational (and crowded) day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment