Wednesday 5 June 2013

Songs That Make Me Cry

I heard a French song, ages ago, and I forgot the lines to look it up on Youtube. This song made me cry instantly! I thought it was beautiful, because the women wasn't actually singing. It's a mix of singing and talking with a hoarse women's voice. Very soft and sentimental. If you know a bit of French, you can relate to it.
A couple of months later, I heard it again and I had to cry again, so I wrote it down: "Tu m'aimes encore", but I could only find songs of CĂ©line Dion, until now!

It's a song from Carla Bruni, "Quelq'un m'a dit". 
Just listen, it's beautiful! Your body will tingle and the song will rest there for hours. 


Some other songs that can make me cry in an instant:
Feel free to share yours too!

Paul McCartney - This Never Happened Before
When I heared this song on the radio, I was driving my car. I had to pull over, because my mascara hurt my eyes. 


Tom Waits - Martha
This song brings back a lot of memories. 
I have no words for it. It goes right to the heart.


Mumford & Sons - Lover of the Light
There's this part with the banjo that lifts you up. For some reason it makes me think of a cult that worships the sun with their hands in the air, but it works on my cry-mood in a way.



No comments:

Post a Comment