Friday 20 September 2013

Bye Bye Wisdom

And out it goes, his wisdom, together with his wisdom teeth.

Again, I underestimated myself. I was a very good girl at the hospital while the doctor was extracting my boyfriend's teeth. I heard the doctor sighing and saying: "Man, this one's stubborn!". I think the man has strong construction skills. He was drilling, pulling, pushing, suctioning all at the same time (I hope for his wife that he's quite the handyman at home too). He was done in exactly 10 minutes and during that time I didn't felt the need to faint. Not one time! Although I had a hard time not to throw up when the doctor was waving one of my boyfriend's freshly extracted teeth in my face, saying: "Look how crooked this root is! When a tooth has a root like that, it's quite the pain in the ass to get it out. I have to put my whole weight in it!". 

Some of you might think I'm a crybaby, but human teeth and/or nail/finger-related injuries or surgeries make me really nauseous. I had an accident in my first year at middle school, where my finger got stuck between a door hinge. My finger was totally messed up and I needed surgery with a long recovery. My nail was gone from the injury and didn't grew back so fast. My finger hasn't been growing that well since the accident and is deformed.  I still get goosebumps when I think back about how my finger looked. So that's my thing with nails.
Where my trauma with dentists and teeth comes from, I have no idea. I just have a fear and I always fainted when my dad extracted a loose tooth from my mouth. 
But these two things are the only things that make me feel real sick. I've watched surgeries, I dissected a rabbit, I remove dead cats from the road. You can give me anything with blood, but please, no teeth or nails. 
But I got through this challenge! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment