Wednesday 6 November 2013

Chiang Mai: Jungle Trekking

Day 6
Thought we would be doing a 10 to 15 km trekking, but only did 6.
We think our tour guide named Birdie had a hangover... He was a funny man though and knew a few things in Dutch like: "Ma joeng!",  "Mooi hier hé!" and "Verdoeme"!
My fear for the spiders in the woods dissapeared along our way up the hill, only until the caterpillar came along. It stung me when we were almost up. I screamed through the whole forest with a few accidental swear words. It felt like someone had poured a kettle of boiling water over my leg. I thought it was a plant at first, but when Birdie saw the blisters it had caused he said it was the caterpillar for sure. He gave me an anti allergic cream and by the time we were back at our van, the blisters were gone and the pain was too. Heavy pain but short. That's good, because I feared I would be in pain for a few days!
After the walk we visited the orchid and butterly farm. This wasn't anything special, but was in our trekking pack.



After our trekking we had to look for a new room. Siri House didn't have one for us that evening, but we were more than welcome for our last two nights. We immediately booked those to be sure.
We went to Bau Tong Lodge at the center of Chiang Mai and booked a room for 600 BHT. After taking a closer look to the bathroom it appeared to be a dirty place. The wall is all covered in mold and smells a bit. It will do for this night, tomorrow we go back to Siri House.


No comments:

Post a Comment