Thursday 28 November 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving...
Thanksgiving Turkey Kitty
I think this is a good holiday. Stop and think about what you're thankful for, not religious at all. 
I think Christmas in Belgium has been like that for a looong while, but it seems that people forgot about what it's all about. 
I love Christmas, because it brings our whole family together every year. We don't see each other often and I can really enjoy us being together. I'm thankful for my family, because even though we don't always agree and we don't visit every weekend, we care for each other and we love each other. That's what's important, isn't it? OK, it's fun to receive presents, but that's not the main point. 

Here's what I'm thankful for:
  • My boyfriend's patience
    Although I'm writing a blog to become the most positive person in the world someday, I still get womenly-like PMS attacks. Even if they're not premenstrual. That makes me a super crazy person who doesn't always respect other's people effort in situations where they really did the best they could for me or others. My negative self takes the overhand and starts complaining and moaning about everything.
    So thanks to my boyfriend who still loves me, even if I'm the craziest (cat) lady on the planet and thank you for your patience!
  • My family
    Like I said before, I love my family very much. I'm grateful for still having them around and that everyone's well at the moment.
    I'm also blessed for still having my grandmother around, the time I could spend with my grandfather before he died and that I could stand beside him until his last breath. I still miss him very much, but I have so many great memories about this man and I will never forget him!
    Thank you to my parents, brother and sister for always being there for me.
    I would also like to thank my uncle Jomme and Aunty Ann for all the jokes and funny stories around the Christmas table. I'll really miss it this year!
  • My sister
    Same category as the previous one, but a special thanks to my sister. She's the best sister in the whole wide world, because she looks after me and took care of our kitty when we were in Thailand.
  • My pets
    I'm also thankful for our kittycats and our dog Fré. They light up my day when I get home. They're so cute!
  • Banana
    Thank you Banana. You're my blog's number one fan. Without you I may not have been as persistent!
  • My shoes
    Also thank you to my shoes. They fit perfectly and always take care of my feet. 
I have a lot to be thankful for and it's good for me to write it down. In that way I'm really aware of what I got.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment