Monday 11 November 2013

Koh Samui: Mae Nam Beach

Day 11
We checked out at Weekender Villa and got a taxi to Mae Nam Beach.
When we checked in at Hutcha Resort everything went wrong. We didn't get the room we booked on Booking.com. The receptionist said it could be that the pictures were wrong and that the hotel only had maintenance control over its own website and not the information on other websites. We both knew this was total bullshit and demanded the room we booked on sight. She got two keys and showed us the room we thought we had booked and told us we couldn't have the superior villa. She could upgrade us to another room though. She walked to another room and showed it to us. It was OK, but still not was we should have got. We wanted to place our bags but then she said we couldn't get THAT room. The other room was the same but was on the whole other side of the resort. When we got there it was obviously the 'complainersroom'. It hadn't been cleaned for at least a month, because everything was covered in dust. The outside bathroom had leaves on the floor and when we got on our terrace we had a lookout on the dirty and smelly part of the river. We didn't get why she gave us this room, because the resort was totally empty! Maybe 10 to 15 bungalows had guests. 

We decided to make the most of it, put on out bathing suit and ran to the beach. When we had just placed our butts in the chairs it started pouring rain.
After 10 minutes my boyfriend decided to just go ahead and dive into the ocean. He would get wet either way. I decided to wait a little longer under the umbrella, it would stop pretty soon. I started to play a game on my cell and when I cared to take a look at my boyfriend, I couldn't see him! After a few minutes I started worrying. It was still raining. Another 5 minutes passed by and that's when I really started panicking. I got up, left all my stuff behind and started running along the beach, looking for him. After a few minutes I found him. FIEUW!
I was soaking wet so I took my clothes off and went into the sea. I left all my holiday sorrows behind and just enjoyed this feeling I never had before. The warmth of the rain together with the warm ocean water can't be described. I had a moment of inner peace and that's something I've never had. It was just a short moment, because my boyfriend began to bother me with questions about our next moves.

After our swim and a talk with a German guy who stayed at the hotel next door and recommend to stay there, we went for something to eat and a romantic walk along the beach. I only drank cocktails so our way back to the hotel took a bit longer.
We also booked a room at The Hammock, next door. Rooms look VERY clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment