Wednesday 27 November 2013

Expert Level: Advanced Coat

Finally! Back in sewing class!
I started on my coat today. It's a compulsory piece this semester. I'm really looking forward to the result, because this is an advanced level coat and getting my fabric wasn't easy. 
I wrote about the store where I bought it a few months ago. When I wanted to start with my pattern, just before our holiday, I noticed that the fabric I took home wasn't the amount of meters I paid for. I contacted Les Tissus du Chien Vert about the problem and they advised me to come to the store. The store isn't nearby at all so I wanted them to send me the right amount by mail and I would send their fabric back to them. This shop has very bad service, although it's one of the most known fabric shops in Belgium. The staff I got on the phone (including the manager/owner) were very unfriendly and not helpful. I got really mad about the way they treated customers and about the fact that the shop's staff made a mistake that should be corrected without putting the customer to expenses. I also told him I was on a time limit, because I left on holiday. Even after that the owner was still very confident they couldn't do much more than sending me the right fabric AFTER they had received the fabric I got and I had to pay for the return costs of the package. Also, the packages for mail were going out two times a week and he wasn't planning on sending someone to the post office specially for me. I couldn't convince him to offer me a better service, so I paid for the returning packages and luckily I received the right amount of fabric just before we left. 
I will never ever go back to this store again and I wouldn't recommend this shop to anyone!
Because of this whole game (took two weeks), I couldn't start on my coat, but today the day had come.
I cut my pattern out of the fabric and I also did the lining. I arrived late to class, so I wasn't able to start on sewing. That's something for next week.

The coat I will be making is based on one of my old coats. I'm wearing this coat for over 6 years now, maybe even longer! It's a coat from Max&Lola, My mom sold this brand when she still had her kids store. It's my favourite coat, but he's almost worn out. I can fix him though. It's the lining who's giving me trouble lately. But first I'll finish my own L. coat :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment